You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc have compiled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a major change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting accustomed to the current temperature, try modifying it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 602-832-7808.