If you want to stay cozy during the cooler months in Phoenix, your heat pump will require some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already arranged your annual tune-up with Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc, you’re right on schedule. Don’t panic if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are many things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its best performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Lessened airflow makes your heat pump over worked and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters routinely and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s an easy way to help the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the space around your outdoor unit if odds and ends have collected or plants have dominated the area.
- To be sure your system is working properly, test your thermostat on a regular basis. Turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump kick on. If you don’t hear anything, check out our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or give us a call.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is a priority for us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to meet with one of our technicians, call Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.