When it’s chilly in Phoenix you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You might have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you increased the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps growing. This could signal some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help figure out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC technicians to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The pros at Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.