As we get deeper in to November and the temperature starts to fall, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold quickly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when you need to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a call at 602-832-7808 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t waver in giving Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc in Phoenix a call at 602-832-7808. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.