Summer weather in Phoenix can be a bear. But you don’t have to make a choice between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve compiled some tips to make it simple.
The top thing you can do to stay comfy and ensure energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system working dependably and efficiently, and Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc is here to assist. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll do the following tasks noted by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to make sure there’s safe operation of your system and the chance of a longer lifespan for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as need be. Dirty coils require your system to operate harder to do its job.
- Check system controls to make sure of proper and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to assure accurate system airflow.
Another key to staying cool is routinely looking at your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter can raise energy costs and damage your equipment, which may lead to untimely failure. Our Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc pros will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to take a look at the manufacturer’s recommendations to set up your own schedule to switch them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home comfortable and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are not around.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Take advantage of fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a tad higher than you routinely would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another style of fan people often forget about when they’re attempting to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to take care of the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven are adding heat into your home, but even normal activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like extra ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc at call at 602-832-7808 or request an appointment with us online.