Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Phoenix during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Dial One Mears Air Conditioning & Heating Inc at 602-832-7808 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.